“TheHub” (aka Dropbox) is where all files related to projects are stored (except for video/motion and photoshoots as those are located on the “videohub”). The team is expected to store all files related to a project here this includes but is not limited to:
- Proposal/Work Order
- Assets – from client (logos, images, sketches etc.) and internal research
- Presentation Files – in rounds and with assets/links if needed
- Working Files – for sharing during revision phases
- Final Files – these are the final approved files that went to finish/press/render
- Invoice – any financials, summary, anything to close out the job
It is IMPERATIVE we do this consistently.
“It isn’t necessarily about the present, its about the future!!! “
What we mean is: jobs get reprinted or revised and future team members and clients rely on proper file management and archiving.
The 01-Jobs-Active folder is where you will work the most. Each project is subdivided as demonstrated below. The job# is the fiscal year in which the job was created followed by the sequential job #. ie. 161345 is 2016 and 1345 is the # of jobs VISCOM has created. So next year it would be 171346, 171347 etc.
- Create a new job folder for every new proposal or work order you write.
- Organize files appropriately based on above structure.
- Share files with clients via dropbox to clients and team members.
- ALWAYS archive the final project file. BE DILIGENT ABOUT THIS!